Feeling vs. Function

Feeling vs. Function

You’re probably aware that a person could have a cavity in their mouth and not feel it until they go to their dentist.  Someone else could have a blockage in their coronary arteries with no symptoms until they drop dead from a heart attack.  Still another person could have a tumor forming for years without manifesting any symptoms until it has grown to the size of a golf ball.

The main point with the above examples is that judging your health strictly based on how you feel isn’t the greatest measure of health.  Pain is just the tip of the iceberg!

A more accurate measure of health is how your body is functioning!

Health is defined by The World Health Organization as the “optimal functioning of the body.”  In order to have an optimally functioning body, we must first have an optimally functioning central nervous system, since that is what controls the body.

Now, just like you may have a cavity in your mouth without any symptoms, you can also have a subluxation in your spine without any symptoms.

This is because only 10% of the nerves in the spine are dedicated to sensory functions.  The other 90% are dedicated to automatic functions that we can’t consciously feel.

This is the most important reason why maintaining your weekly adjustments even when you don’t feel pain is so important!

As you get adjusted every week for wellness care, you are removing any subluxations in the spine you may not consciously feel, thus improving the overall function of your nerve system.  And as your nerve system functions better, so does the rest of your body.

Monday
9:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm


Tuesday
9:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm


Wednesday
9:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm


Thursday
9:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm


Friday
9:00am - 12:00pm


Saturday
Closed

Health Connection
Family Chiropractic

5101 Thimsen Avenue Suite 106
Minnetonka, MN 55345
(952) 232-4700